Friday, July 6, 2012

Got My Ingredients!

Yesterday I was excited to receive my package of Bead Soup ingredients from my partner Jane Haag of MJane Designs!

When I opened the package, she presented me with 2 lovely gift boxes wrapped in raffia bows!  It was like having a surprise party!  I guess that's why it's called a Bead Soup Party....duh!

Inside each box were beads, spacers and of course a lovely handmade focal and clasp.  She gave me SO much to work with.  I think I have enough to make a necklace, a bracelet and probably a couple of earrings.  I kinda feel like I was stingy with the ingredients I sent her.  Is it fair to send more extra spices after the initial mailing date?

I don't know how much I can divulge about the contents but I'm sure it's OK to say that Jane has lovely taste!  Lori did a good job of pairing us up because I sent Jane mostly my lampwork beads.  Jane being a silversmith sent me some of her beautiful handmade pieces!  The focal she sent was of course her own work of art, as well as the clasp....I love them!  She sent me some beautiful hammered pieces in silver too.  Each set was labeled as her own, or where they came from....She sent an extra focal that came from Africa, but that wasn't necessary since her own handmade focal was the best thing in the whole package!

I think I've arranged and rearranged about 25 different combinations for a jewelry menu, but I'm sure I'll do about 50 more before deciding since Jane sent so many ingredients!  One thing I'm sure of, is that I will use  all of her handmade silver pieces with my lampwork beads to create my meal; plus use some of the extra beads she sent me as garnish. 

I plan to serve set of earrings as an appetizer.



 A bracelet will be served as the bread (Southern cooks always provide bread with the soup).

The main course will be the necklace because the combination of her silver with my beads will make for a hearty meal.

Don't know if the set will match, but variety is the "spice" of life!  Right?

Bon Appetit!



No comments: